National Zoological Park of Delhi Tours and Activities
Delhi Zoo opened its gates in 1959, changing its name to the National Zoological Park of Delhi in 1982. Located near India Gate in the heart of New Delhi, the zoo is spread out across more than 170 acres and is home to almost 130 species of animals and birds from around the world.
The National Zoological Park aims to house animals in a similar way to which they would live in their natural environments. It houses a number of endangered species, which it helps to breed in captivity with the aim of eventually releasing them to thrive again in the wild.
The grounds can be explored either on foot or by using one of the zoo’s electric buggies. Just some of the larger mammals visitors can expect to encounter include chimpanzees, lions, hippopotamus, African buffalo, Indian elephants, giraffes, spider monkeys, and zebras. There are also a number of migratory bird species of note, along with water birds, crocodiles, hyenas, macaques, and jaguars. An underground reptile house is located at the center of the zoo.
Tours and Activities to Experience National Zoological Park of Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions
- Delhi Zoo White Tigers & lions with Old Fort Visit
- Custom Private Delhi Sightseeing Trip with Optional Guided Trip
- Eclectic full day city tour of Delhi
- Things to do in Agra
- Things to do in Rishikesh
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Leh
- Things to do in Pushkar
- Things to do in Lahore
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Srinagar
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir