Blue Lagoon Island Tours
Read MoreShow Less
With its stretch of white sands fringed by coconut palm trees and a lush rain forest, Blue Lagoon Island, or Salt Cay, is an idyllic escape from the crowds of Nassau, offering everything you'd expect from a tropical island. Bring the whole family along for a day of fun in the sun, or take it easy for a day of pure beachy bliss on Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
The private Blue Lagoon Island feels worlds away from Nassau’s bustle and is well-known for its wildlife sightings of dolphins and sea lions. The island can only be visited via a tour package that includes boat transportation. Options include an all-inclusive beach day and a Blue Lagoon Island Segway tour, while Blue Lagoon Island also hosts dolphin encounters and swim sessions with sea lions for an additional fee. Kids will be entertained by the island’s aqua park, and the whole family can enjoy water sports like sea kayaking, tubing, and scuba diving. Beach bums rest assured—there’s plenty of space to lay in the sun.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Grilled items such as hot dogs and veggie burgers and drinks such as fruit punch are available on the island, but budget-minded travelers may prefer to pack a picnic.
- Those traveling to the Bahamas on a cruise can book shore excursions to Blue Lagoon Island.
- Don’t forget sun protection such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Amenities such as showers, beach chairs, and changing stations are available at the island’s beach.
How to Get There
Blue Lagoon Island is located three miles (five kilometers) from the northeast coast of Nassau (about a 20-minute boat ride) and can be reached by regular ferries from nearby Paradise Island.
When to Get There
Regular private, ticketed ferries run throughout the day from Paradise Island. To beat the crowds, go early. Travelers spend anywhere from a few hours to a full day on the island.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Blue Lagoon Island
No results found!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are Blue Lagoon Island hours of operation?
Blue Lagoon Island hours of operation: Daily. Buy tickets in advance on Viator. If you book with Viator, you can cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of your tour for a full refund.
Things to do near Nassau
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Key Largo
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Florida