Grand Ole Opry House Tours
The Grand Ole Opry began as a radio broadcast in 1925 and is now a world-renowned stage show in Nashville, Tennessee, where hundreds of stars have begun their careers. It’s the longest-running radio show in the US, showcasing the genres of country, bluegrass, folk, comedy, and gospel both live and on the radio. Unlike a typical concert, the Grand Ole Opry presents six or more artists during each show, giving the audience a variety of great music to enjoy at one event. Superstars who have performed here include Patsy Cline, Blake Shelton, Willie Nelson, and Carrie Underwood.
Taking in a show at the Opry house is a bucket-list item for not only fans of country music, but music lovers in general. A guided tour of the Opry may give you the opportunity to step on stage, into the famed wooden circle, as countless musicians have done for many years, while a backstage tour is a great way to hear stories about the music venue. You can take a peek inside the dressing rooms and get an exclusive look at other backstage areas.
Things to Know Before You Go
- FM Assistive Listening Devices are available to borrow during the shows.
- A combo tour of the Opry and Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is a popular way to visit two of Nashville's must-see attractions—the lifelike figures of greats such as Johnny Cash, Taylor Swift, and Reba McEntire will leave you guessing at the wax museum.
- You can also listen to the Opry live on the radio by streaming 650 AM WSM The Legend.
How to Get There
The Grand Ole Opry House and Opry Entertainment Complex are located just off Briley Parkway at 2804 Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tennessee. Most tours include transportation from your downtown Nashville hotel.
When to Get There
The days and hours of the Opry House and its ticketed shows vary. The Opry show is presented at the nearby Ryman Auditorium during the months of November, December, and January.
Recent Reviews from Experiences in Nashville
2 Tours and Activities to Experience Grand Ole Opry House
Frequently Asked Questions
- Grand Ole Opry Show Admission Ticket
- Grand Ole Opry Admission with Post-Show Guided Backstage Tour
- Grand Ole Opry Show Admission Ticket with Shuttle Transportation
- Opry VIP Experience: Grand Ole Opry Admission with Lounge Access & Artist Visit
Things to do near Nashville
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Chattanooga
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Gatlinburg
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Indianapolis
- Things to do in St Louis
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Chicago
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Indiana
- Things to do in Alabama