Grgich Hills Estate Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Founded in 1977, Napa Valley’s Grgich Hills Estate produces wine with a focus on organic grapes and sustainable farming practices. Cofounder Mike Grgich is best known for winning the 1976 Judgment of Paris wine tasting with his Château Montelena chardonnay, which helped put the Napa wine region on the map.
Flights are available in the tasting room without reservations, or you can enhance your experience with a 60-minute tour to learn about the estate’s history and vineyards. More exclusive, private tastings are also available for those interested in wines that aren’t often available to the public.
Grgich Hills is located along a winery-speckled stretch of Napa Valley, making it easy to visit during a day of wine tastings. You don’t even have to drive to the winery if you book a Napa Valley Wine Train tour, some of which stop at Grgich Hills. Alternatively, book a wine country tour that includes transportation; most depart from San Francisco, Napa, or Sonoma, and some also include tasting fees.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Grgich Hills Estate is ideal for wine enthusiasts and those who appreciate organic farming.
- Reservations are required for the Grgich Hills walking tour and special tasting sessions.
- If driving to Napa, factor in time for traffic, as Bay Area locals flock to wine country on the weekends.
- Grgich Hills is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Grgich Hills Estate sits on Highway 29 in the town of Rutherford, about 20 minutes north of Napa and 3 miles (4.5 kilometers) off the Silverado Trail. The winery is 65 miles (105 kilometers) north of San Francisco. Best access is by car, guided tour, or the Napa Valley Wine Train.
When to Get There
The winery is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm daily except for New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. The walking tour is available Monday through Thursday. Harvest events, including grape stomping, take place during the fall; check the winery’s website for details.
Napa Valley Wine Train
Grgich Hills is not the only winery that you can reach via the Napa Valley Wine Train. A variety of tours offer the chance to visit surrounding estates on the vintage train, which departs from Napa and travels north toward St. Helena. Train tour packages include meals, wine, and more.
Address: 1829 St. Helena Hwy., Rutherford, CA 94573, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Grgich Hills Estate
No results found!
Things to do near Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon