House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst)
The House of the Arts, or Haus der Kunst in German, is an art museum in Munich that was originally founded by Adolf Hitler and the Nazis in 1937. It originally housed Hitler's vision of what great German art was, and the exhibits were folk art displaying Nazi ideals. The museum's purpose has changed several times since the end of World War II, but since 2003 the museum has been dedicated almost exclusively to contemporary art. The Archive Gallery, the museum's permanent exhibition, displays art, photography, and other items that explore the museum's turbulent history.
Other exhibitions in the museum come from contemporary artists whose works include painting, drawing, photography, video, installations and more. Aside from the exhibitions, the museum also focuses on education and research. The House of the Arts holds special events, kids' and youth programs, and tours.
House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst) Tours
Should I book House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst) 2021?
What's the best way to experience House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst) ?
- Munich's Highlights 3-hour Segway Tour
- Munich City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Munich City Pass: Admission to 45 activities and Public Transport
- Segway tour through Munich (3 h)
Things to do near Munich
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Upper Austria