Quebec City Day Trips From Montreal
Read MoreShow Less
Montreal and Quebec City offer two very different experiences: the former is big, vibrant, and diverse, while the provincial capital radiates romance and European charm. Luckily, they’re close enough to each other that you needn’t choose between them. Here’s how to do a day trip from Montreal to Quebec City.
- Admire the copper-topped turrets of one of the most iconic hotels in Canada: the historic Chateau Frontenac.
- Learn about the history of one of the oldest European settlements in North America at the Plains of Abraham, the site of a pivotal 1759 battle between the British and the French.
- Browse the exhibitions at the National Museum of Fine Arts (Musee National des Beaux-Arts du Quebec), the Museum of Civilization (Musee de la Civilisation), and the Ursulines Museum (Musee des Ursulines).
- Stroll the quaint streets of UNESCO-listed Old Quebec, home to Place Royale, the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Québec, and the boutique and restaurant-lined Petit Champlain.
- Hear the roar of Montmorency Falls, which plunge 272 feet (83 meters) into the St. Lawrence River.
Things to Know
- Quebec City is located about 158 miles (255 kilometers) northeast of Montreal.
- The journey takes just shy of three hours by road. During bus tours, tour guides provide commentary en route.
- Day tours from Montreal to Quebec City typically last about 12 hours.
- Some tours include free time where you can enjoy lunch independently as well as optional add-ons such as a St. Lawrence River cruise.
- Bring snacks and water for the journey, and comfortable walking shoes as Quebec City’s streets are cobbled and hilly.
1 Tours and Activities | All Montreal Tours
Explore Québec City and the surrounding region on this guided, full-day sightseeing tour from Montreal. Hop aboard your coach to visit Québec City’s top attractions, including the UNESCO-listed Old Québec, Place Royale, and the Plains of Abraham, before venturing into the scenic countryside to see Montmorency Falls. Hear commentary from your guide along the way, and enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off from downtown Montreal.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff