Mount Royal (Mont Royal), a 764-foot (233-meter) “mountain” in the midst of urban Montreal, is much-loved by locals and visitors alike, with Montrealers frequenting the leafy slopes as if the area were their own backyard. Cyclists, joggers, sunbathers, picnickers, and strollers abound in summer, while snowshoers, tobogganers, ice skaters, and cross-country skiers dominate in winter. Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted—the creative force behind New York City’s Central Park—the 470-acre (190-hectare) Mount Royal Park (Parc du Mont-Royal) encompasses forest trails, manmade monuments, and grassy meadows for picnicking. On a clear day, the views from the Mount Royal summit lookout can’t be beaten.
Tours and tickets to Experience Mount Royal
Should I book Mount Royal tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mount Royal 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mount Royal?
- Fat eBike Ride on Mount Royal
- Guided Scooter Sightseeing Tour in Montreal
- Montreal City Sightseeing Tour with Live Commentary
- Montreal Bike Tour: The Essentials
Things to do near Montreal
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in Ottawa
- Things to do in Quebec City
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts