Plaza Independencia Tours and Activities
Mendoza is celebrated for its leafy squares, and Plaza Independencia is the town’s most important square, meeting place and central hub.
A crafts fair is held here from Thursdays to Sundays, and there’s often live music or street theater playing free for the masses.
People-watching is one of the favored pastimes, along with skateboarding and soaking up the sunshine.
The square was founded in 1861, following the earthquake, marking the center of the new city.
The square takes up several city blocks and is planted with a mix of pines, palms, poplars and flower beds. Ornamental lamps provide lighting, fountains dance in the sunlight and wrought-iron park benches provide seating.
The terrace in the center of the plaza hosts events, and is home to the city’s Municipal Museum of Modern Art.
Tours and Activities to Experience Plaza Independencia
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full Day High Mountain Tour from Mendoza
- Cañon del Atuel Day Trip from Mendoza
- Zipline Adventure from Mendoza in Potrerillos Valley
- Mendoza River Rafting Tour
- Things to do in Santiago
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast