Mt. Mercedario Tours and Activities
What adventurer could resist an assault on Mt. Mercedario, one of the Americas’ highest mountains?
The highest peak of the Cordillera de la Ramada range, and the eighth highest Andean peak, this snow-capped mountain towers over the surrounding volcanic plains.
Mt. Mercedario was first conquered by a Polish expedition in 1934. Today, you can climb the mountain as part of a guided excursion complete with porters, mules, base camp lodging, meals and English-speaking mountain guides.
Altitude sickness can be an issue at these heights, so it’s important to acclimatize yourself by basing yourself in the town of Barreal for a day or two, four hours from Mendoza, before heading to the trailhead.
Tours and Activities to Experience Mt. Mercedario
No results found.How about something else?See all Mendoza tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Santiago
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast