La Payunia Provincial Reserve Tours and Activities
Volcanic cones, pumas, llamas and the prairie lands of the Patagonian steppe are preserved in La PayuniaProvincial Reserve, where the Rio Grande carves its way through a landscape of basalt and lava flows, black pampas, volcanoes and caves.
One of the largest volcanic areas in South America, and the site of more extinct volcanoes than anywhere else on earth, the reserve covers 450 hectares (1,110 acres) of remote and starkly beautiful ash-covered country.
Highlights include the volcanic lake atop Payun Matru, the soaring Payun Liso volcano and the rock-studded Field of Bombs, dotted with balls of liquid lava solidified into boulders.
Wildlife spotting is also a highlight, including foxes, guanacos, lizards and eagles.
Tours and Activities to Experience La Payunia Provincial Reserve
No results found.How about something else?See all Mendoza tours
- Things to do in Santiago
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast