Ischigualasto Provincial Park Tours and Activities
Eerie shapes carved by the elements are a feature of Ischigualasto Provincial Park, a massive geological area of canyons and desert.
Looking like something from a surrealist painting by Salvador Dali, the wind-eroded sandstone sculptures rise from the arid desert floor, surrounded by cacti and red rock cliffs.
Some of the oldest known dinosaur remains and most complete Triassic fossils have been found in these Argentine badlands, revealing links between the dinosaurs and early mammals. Some of the fossils found have been up to 180 million years old.
The desert landscape is also known as the Valley of the Moon, its petrified tree trunks and fossil ferns proof of a more fertile period in its history.
The rich fossil remains from 45 million years ago have led to the park being included on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Tours and Activities to Experience Ischigualasto Provincial Park
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Santiago
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast