Atuel Canyon (Canon del Atuel) Tours and Activities
Wild whitewater-rafting at its best surges along the Atuel Canyon (Canon del Atuel), a gorge stretching from the Nihuil hydroelectric reservoir in Mendoza Province.
Kayakers, windsurfers, jetskiers, river-rafters, cyclists and all kinds of adventurers head to the canyon to take on the rapids and rugged landscapes, carved over the centuries by wind and water.
The river is bordered by steep cliffs, and natural rock sculptures formed by the elements have whimsical names like the Hanging Gardens, Monsters, Toad and Enchanted City.
A huge magnet for visitors, the Atuel region has a great range of hotels, country clubs and outdoor adventure facilities to choose from.
Follow Ruta Provincial 144 to the Nihuil reservoir for expansive valley views, or travel to the neighboring Valle Grande reservoir for more whitewater rafting on the River Atuel.
Tours and Activities to Experience Atuel Canyon (Canon del Atuel)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cañon del Atuel Day Trip from Mendoza
- 4-Day Trip to Mendoza by Air from Buenos Aires
- A Trip Across the Core of the Mountain to Atuel Canyon
- San Rafael y Cañón del Atuel
- Things to do in Santiago
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast