Memphis Orpheum Theater
Built in 1928, the Memphis Orpheum Theater is a historic theater and one of America’s few remaining “movie palaces” from the 1920s era. Before it was the Orpheum, it was the site of the Grand Opera House and home to vaudeville performances for nearly two decades. Since then it has withstood the threat of bankruptcy, demolition and being burnt to the ground to become known as the “South’s Finest Theater.”
Decorated with ornate crystal chandeliers, luxe draperies, carved moldings, and a large pipe organ, the theater was restored in 1996 to its former glory along with an expansion of the stage and backstage areas. Today, the theater hosts top Broadway shows, concerts, comedy shows, and special events year-round. Many famous faces have graced the Orpheum stage, and it continues to be a center for arts and entertainment and culture of Memphis.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Memphis Orpheum Theater hours of operation?
Should I book Memphis Orpheum Theater tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Memphis Orpheum Theater 2020?
What's the best way to experience Memphis Orpheum Theater?
- Haunted Memphis Walking Ghost Tour
- Memphis Discovery Tour with Rock 'n' Soul Museum Admission
- Memphis Haunted History Bus Tour
- Memphis Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Things to do near Memphis
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Kansas City
- Things to do in Indianapolis
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Chicago
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Missouri
- Things to do in Alabama