Things to Do in Melbourne with Kids
With a mellower climate than most Australian cities, laid-back Melbourne is a fabulous destination to visit with kids. From hot-air balloons to ziplines, from penguins and koalas to a century-old steam train, Australia’s second city has plenty of options that the whole family will love. Here are some of the best.
- Get up close and personal with animals. See thepenguinsat Phillip Island; watch koalas and kangaroos; take a trip to Africa atWerribee Open Range Zoo; or discover Australia’s unique fauna atMelbourne Zoo.
- RidePuffing Billy, a century-old steam train, through the scenic Dandenong Ranges.
- Race through the treetops on azipline.
- Glide above the Yarra Valley in ahot-air balloon.
- Catch amagic show.
- Hover high above the city at theEureka Skydeck 88.