St Patrick's Cathedral Tours and Activities
Located on the city’s eastern fringe and surrounded by gardens, St Patrick’s Cathedral is a striking feature on Melbourne’s skyline.
Built in the Gothic Revival style of the early 14th century, the Cathedral layout is based on a Latin cross, with a nave and transepts, a sanctuary with seven chapels, and sacristies. Famed ecclesiastical architect William Wardell designed the cathedral as well as many of the brass items and mosaics that can be seen today including the sanctuary lamps, a Paschal candle stand and the eagle lectern.
St Patrick’s excellent acoustics and original pipe organ make it popular with musicians and choral groups and a cathedral choir has existed here since 1939.
Visitors are welcome to explore the cathedral and attend the daily mass, which is accompanied by organ and cantor on Sunday’s at 9.30am, 11am and 6.30pm.
Tours and Activities to Experience St Patrick's Cathedral
Frequently Asked Questions
- Melbourne Balloon Flight at Sunrise
- Private Full Day Melbourne City Tour with local guide
- Melbourne Laneways, Arcades and City Morning Tour with Optional Yarra Cruise
- Cultural Melbourne City Tour
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland