Melbourne Southgate is a large shopping, eating and entertainment complex on the banks of the Yarra River.
Occupying a central position opposite Flinders Street Station and next to the Victorian Arts Centre and Hamer Hall, Southgate offers an opportunity for visitors to dine in a riverside restaurant or cafe with views of the CBD across the river.
Catering to all types of budgets and tastes, the complex has a large food hall on the ground floor and more refined dining on the upper levels. Shops include a variety of boutique fashion stores as well as gift shops, bookstores and speciality shops.
Open from 7am until late and located adjacent to the city’s major arts precinct, Southgate is the ideal place to stop for a pre- or post-theatre dinner or drink.
Tours and tickets to Experience Melbourne Southgate
Should I book Melbourne Southgate tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Melbourne Southgate 2021?
What's the best way to experience Melbourne Southgate?
- 2-Hour Self-Drive Boat Hire on the Yarra River
- Melbourne Drive by Night Tour
- Withlocals Highlights & Hidden Gems: Best of Melbourne Private Tour
- Sydney&Melbourne City Lovers- 2 Day Combo Private Tour!
Things to do near Melbourne
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in New South Wales