Top Maui Theaters
Read MoreShow Less
Modern Maui luaus are a tour de force of swishing hips, tender ground-steamed pig, colorful cocktails, and—if you’re paying attention—genuine lessons in traditional stories and dance from across Polynesia. Book a seat, bring a camera, and come hungry for this truly Hawaiian nighttime extravaganza. See below for some top-rated luaus in Maui.
- Choose from some of Hawaii’s best luau offerings close to resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea.
- Watch a traditional imu ceremony where the feast’s centerpiece kalua pig is removed from beneath steamy banana fronds in an underground oven.
- Sample a full buffet spread of traditional Hawaiian cuisine such as poi, poke, kalua pork, hoio salad, lau lau, lomi lomi salmon, and creamy, coconut-y luau (for which the event is named) in an al fresco jungle or seaside setting. Most luaus also include Western alternatives for picky eaters.
- Sip a Mai Tai, Blue Hawaii, or Piña Colada from the open bar.
- Learn Hawaiian legends—including some unique to Maui—through hula interpretations. You’ll see expertly executed kahiko (ancient) and auana (modern) versions of hula, as well as other dances and traditions from Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga, New Zealand, and around the Pacific.
- Try hula onstage with your family to make Maui memories.
- Watch the colorful Maui sunset over the sea beyond the performance stage.
- Experience the heat radiating from the twirling batons of skilled Samoan fire knife dancers.
- Round out your Maui vacation with a package that couples a luau with Maui ocean adventures like a daytime submarine tour of the island’s fringing coral reefs or a sunset whale-watching dinner cruise.
1 Maui Theaters | All Maui Tours
I am a kanaka (Hawaiian) born and raised on Maui. I've seen the good and bad of these islands, and I've also lived it. In 2013, I graduated from a prestigious Hawaiian school, which helped in my understanding of the corruption not only here at home but all over the world.
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Kaumahina State Wayside Park
- Waihee Ridge Trail
- Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm
- Honolua Bay
- Waiʻanapanapa State Park
- Pipiwai Trail
- Ulupalakua Ranch
- Maui Ocean Center
- La Perouse Bay
- Hanakao'o Beach Park
- Kaʻanapali Beach
- Oheo Gulch
- Haleakala National Park
- Little Beach
- Banyan Tree Park