Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
One of the great treasures of the city, Dar el-Bacha is itself a work of art; extraordinarily decorated with beautiful tiles of vibrant geometric and floral motifs, intricate cedar panelling and ceilings, columns of chiselled stuccoes and friezes with diamond-shaped florets, and fabulous examples of Andalusian Arab-style zelliges (mosaic tilework). Travelers may explore the palace on its own or as part of a half-day or full-day tour that incorporates the most captivating attractions within the warren of alleys and souks of the ancient medina.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families, especially fans of art and architecture.
- Admission is about $16 for foreigners; children are free.
- Tours may include roundtrip hotel transfers, lunch, and entrance fees. Check specific tours for details.
- Make time to enjoy the wonderful public hammam just off the main courtyard.
How to Get There
Dar el-Bacha - Musée des Confluences is on Rue Dar el-Bacha located in the center of Marrakech’s ancient medina, easily accessible by taxi or walking from most of the city’s main attractions, hotels and riads.
When to Get There
Dar el-Bacha - Musée des Confluences is open year-round daily except for Tuesdays, 10:00am - 6:00pm. For the most temperate weather, the least amount of crowds, and the best hotel rates, visit Marrakech from March to May and from September to November.
Rue Dar el-Bacha Spend time enjoying the many wonderful attractions along this charming street inside the medina. Chic boutiques selling everything from clothing to antiques in between several caravanserai—ancient inns where traders and pilgrims would stay along their routes. Have a meal at Dar Moha, one of the city’s top-ranked Moroccan restaurants.
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Hassilabied
- Things to do in Merzouga
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Morocco Sahara
- Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- Les Bains de Marrakech
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Palmeraie (Palm Grove)
- Marrakech Medina (Medina of Marrakesh)
- Oasiria Marrakech (Oasiria Water Park)