Take advantage of the harbor’s close proximity to Marmaris’ Old Town and combine lunch at a waterfront restaurant with a visit to Marmaris Castle & Museum, which exhibits hundreds of artifacts from excavations across the country. The majority of Marmaris cruises depart from Marmaris Marina; sailing options range from romantic sunset dinner cruises to day trips to the historic Greek city of Rhodes, renowned for its UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Town.
Things to know before you go
- Marmaris Marina is home to an abundance of bars and restaurants that offer everything from traditional Turkish cuisine to international flavors hailing from Japan and Italy.
- Flat, paved pathways surrounding the marina make it an easy place to explore with wheelchairs and strollers.
- There’s both a modern shopping mall and traditional bazaar at the marina.
How to get there
From Dalaman International Airport, Marmaris Marina is a 1.5-hour drive via the D400 highway. Public transport options from the airport are limited so it's best to book a shared or private transfer service to minimize the cost of cabs.
When to get there
Although Marmaris Marina is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, individual businesses operate different hours. The majority of restaurants are open throughout the day and many of the bars stay open until the early hours of the morning.
Day Trips from Marmaris
Thanks to a prime location on Turkey’s Turquoise Coast, Marmaris is a convenient base for explorations. Top day trip destinations include Marmaris National Park, typically explored as part of a horse safari; Cleopatra Island, renowned for its white sands and clear waters; and Dalyan, home to Lycian rock tombs and mud baths.
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Western Anatolia