The Beas River rises in central Himachal Pradesh and is a natural attraction for those visiting Manali, a small tourist town situated along the banks of this gushing Himalayan river.
From Manali, the Beas River travels through dense evergreen forests and through the town of Kullu. The Beas covers some 470 kilometers in total, traveling through hills and valleys, towns and districts, before joining the Sutlej River at the southwestern boundary of Kapurthala in Punjab, before finally flowing into Pakistan.
With its mountain views, tranquil surroundings, and fresh clean water, the Beas River at Manali is a popular place to visit. Unfortunately, it’s also the site of a recent tragedy; in June 2014, 24 students and one tour operator were drowned when the floodgates of a dam suddenly opened, apparently without due warning, causing the river to surge.
Beas River Tours
Should I book Beas River tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Beas River 2021?
What's the best way to experience Beas River?
- Professional Photoshoot at Beas River, Manali
- Manali Mountain Bike Sightseeing Tour
- Shimla Kullu Manali Kasol Dharamsala Rohtang pass Tour Packages
- Manali Honeymoon Volvo Tour
Things to do near Manali
- Things to do in Leh
- Things to do in Amritsar
- Things to do in Rishikesh
- Things to do in Haridwar
- Things to do in Srinagar
- Things to do in New Delhi
- Things to do in Alwar
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir
- Things to do in Punjab
- Things to do in Agra
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh