Hams Caves (Cuevas dels Hams) Tours
Though not the most impressive caves on an island famed for its immense underground system of limestone caverns, the Hams Caves (Cuevas dels Hams) are nonetheless a popular stop for multi-destination guided day trips. Built along an underground river called the Sea of Venice, they are most notable for their spiral and hook-shaped "stalactites," very different from those seen in most other Mallorca caves.
The tour takes about 45 minutes, and includes a softly lit medley of Mozart tunes, played on the slowly flowing sea.
There are more than 200 caves beneath the Island of Mallorca, riddled with underground rivers, and dripping with stalactites and much more exotic formations. The most famous are the Cuevas del Drac and Cuevas del Ham, both located close to Porto Cristo. These are typically visited on the same all-inclusive guided tour, which may also include a trip to nearby Manacor's faux pearl factories.
It's certainly possible to visit the Cuevas del Ham on your own, particularly if you are staying in Porto Cristo. This low-key resort town is quiet, with a small but splendid white beach and several comfortable, if not luxurious, hotels. The caves are located .8km (1/2mi) northeast of the city, on the road to Manacor. Tours leave every 15 minutes throughout the day. Infrequent bus service connects Porto Cristo to La Palma, or book a taxi from anywhere on the island.
4 Tours and Activities to Experience Hams Caves (Cuevas dels Hams)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Drach and Hams Caves with Port Cristo and Pearl Shop Mallorca Full Day Tour
- Palma de Mallorca Half-Day Tour to Caves of Hams and Pearl Factory
- Full day tour to the Caves of Drach and Caves of Hams in Mallorca
- Hams Caves with Porto Cristo and Pearl Shop Mallorca Half Day Tour
Things to do near Mallorca
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Algiers
- Things to do in Torrevieja
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Costa Blanca