Cuadra San Francisco Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Tucked away in the sandy scrubland of Baja California is Los Cabos’ only professional equestrian center, Cuadra San Francisco. Giddy up and explore the Baja countryside with the popular ranch and stable’s range of horseback riding options. Cuadra San Francisco is also known for its “dancing horses,” which pop up at local weddings and parties.
Unleash your inner cowboy at Cuadra San Francisco. Take a trail ride along the beach at low tide or explore the desert sagebrush while learning about Los Cabos’ flora and fauna. There’s also a mixed-ride option that includes the hills and the beach. The ranch’s experienced staff matches the horse to the rider’s level of experience, and beginners are given a short riding lesson.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Cuadra San Francisco is ideal for both new and experienced riders who want to explore the Los Cabos landscape on horseback.
- Reserve trail rides in advance, especially during the busy season (typically from December to April).
- There is a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds (113 kilograms) to ride.
- The ranch offers special horses for children four years old and above.
- The trail rides are not difficult and the horses are easy to ride.
- Riders with disabilities and special needs can be accommodated on a case-by-case basis; an additional guide will offer extra help and care at no charge.
How to Get There
Cuadra San Francisco is located in the corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, next to the Cabo Real Golf Club and Tequila Cove Beach off of Highway 1. From the center of Cabo San Lucas, it’s about a 25-minute drive along the coast to the ranch.
When to Get There
The ranch is open Monday through Saturday. Riding is best from June to mid-July and mid-October through mid-December, thanks to sunshine and comfortable temperatures. The rainy season (late summer and early fall) may mean wet days, but it also is when Cabo is least crowded.
Sierra de la Laguna
If you’re hungry for more outdoor adventure, go hiking in the Sierra de la Laguna mountains. Located just north of Cabo San Lucas, the range is sometimes overshadowed by the popularity of the peninsula’s beaches, but it offers active travelers a challenging hike, as well as another perspective on the Baja landscape.
Address: Los Cabos, Mexico
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Cuadra San Francisco
No results found!
Things to do near Los Cabos
- Things to do in Baja California Sur
- Things to do in Mazatlan
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Guadalajara
- Things to do in San Miguel de Allende
- Things to do in Sinaloa
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Guanajuato
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Arizona