Six Flags Magic Mountain Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Reputed to be one of the best roller coaster parks in the United States, Six Flags Magic Mountain in Santa Clarita, California, boasts 19 coasters, from white-knuckle rides to more gentle options suited to younger visitors. Food, drink, and entertainment options round out the on-site offerings.
Ride traditional wooden roller coasters such as the Apocalypse, which features steeply banked turns and twisting drops, as well as modern cutting-edge twisters such as Goliath, which drops 255 feet (78 meters) into a subterranean tunnel and twists around multiple steep-banking turns. There’s also a section dedicated to kid- and family-friendly rides, as well as entertainment that includes meet and greets with comic book heroes.
Lines typically are long, but you can save time and hassle by booking your ticket in advance. If getting to the park is an issue, opt for a package that includes round-trip transportation from Anaheim.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Six Flags Magic Mountain holds the world record for most roller coasters in an amusement park and is a must-visit for adventure park enthusiasts and families.
- The park is wheelchair and stroller accessible and offers an Attraction Access Pass for guests who are unable to wait in ride lines.
- Most rides have minimum height requirements. Check online before heading to the park.
- Children under 2 enter for free.
How to Get There
The park is located in Santa Clarita, 35 miles (56 kilometers) northwest of downtown Los Angeles. Paid parking is available on-site. It’s most easily reached by car—or on a tour that includes transportation—but you can take the Metro Red subway line from Downtown Los Angeles to North Hollywood, then the North Hollywood 757 Express bus to McBean Regional Transit Station, then Santa Clarita Transit bus route 3 or 7 to the park.
When to Get There
Six Flags Magic Mountain is open every day from mid-morning. Closing time varies throughout the week—it’s typically open until early evening Monday through Thursday and late night Friday through Sunday. Weekends are typically busiest, so try to avoid if crowds are an issue.
Where to Eat
The park has more than 20 eateries on site, from snack bars to diners, pubs, and family restaurants where you can find a diverse selection of cuisine, from Japanese to Italian. If you’d rather dine outside of the park, plenty of chain restaurants, including Olive Garden, McDonald’s, and In-N-Out Burger, are just a few minutes’ drive away.
Address: 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valenica, CA 91355, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Six Flags Magic Mountain
No results found!
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona