Runyon Canyon Park
A 160-acre park that sprawls along the Hollywood Hills, Runyon Canyon Park is where Angelenos go to hike and be seen. Full of dogs and their spandex-clad owners, a walk here is a regular routine for both aspiring performers and famous celebrities, singles of every age and persuasion, and folks who are simply single-minded about their fitness.
Devoid of shade and full of dirt-packed paths, Runyon’s various features allow you to customize your workout. The Fuller Avenue entrance requires one of two steep climbs, either up a winding series of high, uneven steps, or up a long hill with two switchbacks; these two climbs can be combined in a challenging loop. The Mulholland entrance enables you to either head up into the steepest hills for the most challenging terrain, or to take a mostly flat, 15-minute route straight out to a viewpoint; this second option leads to both the stairs and the long hill up from Fuller, so you can tack on either route – or neither.
Runyon looks and feels its best on L.A.’s clearest days, generally from late November to early May; throughout the summer and fall, it can get extremely hot up here anytime after 8 a.m. More often than not, though, the paths and lookout points here offer panoramic views of the city’s coastline, Westside, West Hollywood, Hollywood and Downtown.
Tours and tickets to Experience Runyon Canyon Park
What are Runyon Canyon Park hours of operation?
Should I book Runyon Canyon Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Runyon Canyon Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Runyon Canyon Park?
- 2-Hour Hollywood Walking and Hiking Tour with Skyline Views
- Runyon Canyon Hiking Tour
- 4-Hour Hollywood Walking and Hiking Sunset Tour
- Fun Self-Guided Tour of Hollywood in Los Angeles
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona