Marvin Braude Bike Trail
Formally named the Marvin Braude Bike Trail (after a long-serving L.A. City Council member who championed the preservation of open space in the Santa Monica Mountains), but most locals call this epic ribbon of seaside concrete the Santa Monica Bike Path or The Strand. This skating-, jogging-, biking- and pedestrian-friendly thoroughfare stretches 26 miles alongside the Pacific Ocean from Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades to the far end of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, in Torrance.
The journey is almost entirely flat and passes by numerous public restrooms and eateries, especially at Venice Beach and Manhattan Beach. By any means, traveling the path is an ideal activity for families and couples, or anyone who wants to find a bit of quiet time and fresh air while visiting this enormous city renowned for its traffic.
The Santa Monica Pier makes an excellent starting point for a bike-path journey, and offers several places to rent bicycles.
Tours and tickets to Experience Marvin Braude Bike Trail
Should I book Marvin Braude Bike Trail tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Marvin Braude Bike Trail 2021?
What's the best way to experience Marvin Braude Bike Trail?
- Private Electric Bike Tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beaches
- Small Group Electric Bicycle Tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beach
- The Ultimate Los Angeles Bike Tour
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona