Japanese American National Museum
Located in the Little Tokyo area of Los Angeles, the Japanese American National Museum tells the story of Japanese Americans. Opened in 1992, it is the first museum in the United States dedicated to the topic.
The Japanese American National Museum hosts many changing exhibits, but Common Ground: The Heart of Community is its ongoing central exhibition. Using an assortment of objects, documents and photographs, the exhibition covers 130 years of Japanese American history. It begins with the early days of the Issei pioneers, and continues through the World War II incarceration to present day. The museum’s calendar of events is loaded with all sorts of events and programs, so be sure to check the schedule when you visit.
Tours and tickets to Experience Japanese American National Museum
What are Japanese American National Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Japanese American National Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Japanese American National Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Japanese American National Museum?
- Pretty Gritty Arts District Tours
- Private Downtown Los Angeles Graffiti & Mural Walking Tour in Arts District
- Private Los Angeles Tour: All Must-See Attractions with Hotel Pick-up
- Historic Tour in Downtown LA: Olvera Street and Little Tokyo
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona