Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens Tours and Activities
Get your dose of European art and international botany in California at the Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens, where you find an impressive display of art, rare books, and plants. The collections, gifted from entrepreneur Henry E. Huntington, contain the most 18th century art from around the world outside of London.
Stroll through the gardens admiring hundreds of species of colorful plants and flowers, or lose yourself in a book or a painting. The art collection houses both European and American pieces in its galleries, with sections dedicated to ceramics and decorative arts. The library holds more than six million items, including historic first edition Shakespeare manuscripts and a Gutenberg Bible, though the main section is available only to researchers. As for the gardens, you’ll find much variety — from Japanese and Chinese gardens, to herbs, roses, a desert garden and a children’s garden.
All in all there are more than 120 acres of garden open to the public to explore. And whether you choose to spend your time in the library, gardens, or galleries, you’ll have no shortage of things to do and see.
Tours and Activities to Experience Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go Los Angeles All-Inclusive City Pass: 40+ attractions and theme parks
- Go Los Angeles Explorer Pass with Hop-on Hop-off Bus and Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona