Hollywood Walk of Fame
Aside from the thousands of stars studding the sparkly black sidewalk, the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a regular public thoroughfare that passes in front of some other top sights. Many LA and Hollywood tours—whether by foot, car, minivan, or bus—stop along the Walk of Fame, sharing a historical narrative and scandalous secrets of the film industry. This stop is usually grouped with a visit to the TCL Chinese Theatre, a drive past impressive celebrity homes in Beverly Hills, and sweeping views of the Hollywood sign.
Recent reviews from experiences in Los Angeles
Things to Know Before You Go
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a must-visit for movie buffs, music fans, and TV aficionados.
Bring your camera to take a picture with your favorite celebrities’ stars.
To ensure sightings of your fave stars’ stars, download or buy a map before you go.
The Walk of Fame is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Getting close to celebrities is difficult; getting close to their names isn’t. The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a stretch of public sidewalk extending along Hollywood Boulevard between La Brea Avenue and Gower Street, and along Vine Street between Yucca Street and Sunset Boulevard. Drive, walk, or take the Metro Red Line to Highland or Vine.
When to Get There
The Walk of Fame is accessible 24/7. Check the landmark’s official website for a calendar of star ceremonies or live performances that could make your visit extra memorable. Los Angeles is known for its pleasant year-round weather, so there’s rarely a bad time to go.
Other Nearby Attractions
A trip to the Hollywood Walk of Fame isn’t complete without a visit to the TCL Chinese Theatre, formerly known as Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Out front, stop and stand in the footprints of some of your favorite celebrities. The nearby Dolby Theatre, home of the Oscars, is another popular tourist attraction exemplifying the glitz and glam of Hollywood.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Hollywood Pantages Theatre
- Capitol Records Building
- Museum of Death Hollywood
- Egyptian Theatre
- Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street (Hollywood and Vine)
- Hollywood Wax Museum Los Angeles
- Hollywood Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Hollywood
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- Hollywood & Highland
- El Capitan Theatre
- Dolby Theatre
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood
- TCL Chinese Theatre