Leicester Square Tours - page 3
Read MoreShow Less
Nestled between Soho, St. James’s, and the West End, Leicester Square is the intersection that never sleeps. Home to world-famous movie theaters, nightclubs, and a recently renovated park, the square attracts more than 2 million visitors each week. It has been popular as an entertainment hub since the 19th century.
History buffs and other sightseers can learn about London’s past and present on a highlights tour, and Leicester Square is included on most comprehensive itineraries. Zip through the city by bike or taxi, or board a hop-on hop-off bus to tick off several landmarks in limited time. A walking tour offers an intimate perspective, while nightlife tours reveal the square’s after-dark attractions.
Things to Know Before You Go
- From nightlife revelers to film lovers and history buffs, Leicester Square offers something for everyone.
- Don’t forget your raincoat or umbrella during the rainier months.
- The public space itself won’t take long to explore, so combine your visit with other London landmarks to optimize your time.
- The pedestrian square has wide, flat walkways that are wheelchair-accessible.
- Most of the square’s attractions are wheelchair-friendly as well, though it’s worth calling ahead to check access arrangements.
How to Get There
Leicester Square has its own tube station. Piccadilly Circus and Charing Cross stations are five minutes away. Several buses stop on Charing Cross Road, including hop-on hop-off services. As in all capital cities, driving yourself is best avoided; instead, take advantage of tours that include transfer for a hassle-free experience.
When to Get There
From a summer afternoon eating ice cream in the square’s central park to an evening stroll around the annual Christmas market, there is always something to do in Leicester Square.
An Alternative View
Typical sightseeing tours aren’t the only way to discover Leicester Square. Photographic tours can help you capture hidden monuments you might otherwise miss, like Shakespeare’s statue in the fountain. Karl Marx tours show visitors the socialist revolutionary’s old digs, just off the square, and explain the influences of the UK capital on his works.
Address: Leicester Square, London, England
49 Tours and Activities to Experience Leicester Square
Capture the exotic food stalls and vibrant shop fronts of London’s Chinatown, the traditional architecture of Trafalgar Square, and the artists and street entertainers of buzzing Covent Garden, on this unique 4-hour photography walking tour. Enjoy the personalised attention of your private guide, who’ll give you the tips and tricks necessary to improve your photos and get the most out of your camera.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Taking safety measures
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Things to do near London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Chatham
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Brighton
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais