Kings Cross was named after a monument for King George IV but the area was settled much, much earlier. St Pancras old church originated in 4BC. These days it's most famous for its train station: Kings Cross/St Pancras. From here trains go all over England, including to Hogwarts if you can find Harry Potter's Platform 9 3/4. It's also home to Eurostar, which whisks you to Paris and Brussels.
The surrounding area is slowly edging its way out of being one of the seediest parts of London. The magnificent St Pancras building is coming back to life as a posh hotel, the British Library is just down the road, and of course, the station redevelopment is full of shops and restaurants.
King's Cross Tours and Activities
Should I book King's Cross tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit King's Cross 2021?
What's the best way to experience King's Cross?
- Big Bus London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and River Cruise with Optional London Eye
- Harry Potter Magical London Virtual Tour
- Private Tour: Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London
- 3-Day Edinburgh Tour from London by train
Things to do near London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais