Things to Do in Lisbon This Summer
While summers in Lisbon can be hot, persistent breezes and a lack of rainfall keep things pleasant; just make sure to book ahead, as this is the high season in the city. Here are our tips for the best ways to spend your long summer days in the Portuguese capital.
- Get a great view of Lisbon’s cityscape from aboard a hop-on hop-off tour bus.
- Watch the sunset over the Tagus River aboard an intimate river cruise.
- Zip from bakery to ice-cream shop with a Segway food tour.
- Visit the enchanting town of Sintra, celebrated for its whimsical architecture.
- Hear Portugal’s plaintive national music and dine on local cuisine at a Fado dinner show.
- Sign up for a pastry-making workshop and learn how to whip up your own Portuguese desserts.
- Learn about Portuguese wine with a wine-tasting tour.
- Try your hand at Portuguse cooking with a culinary class in the home of a local.
- Take a trip out to Fátima, Portugal's most important Marian site.
- Check out the fantastic collection of contemporary art on display at the Museu Coleção Berardo.