Lisboa Story Centre
Spread across two floors, the Story Centre focuses on six themes: the mythological origins of the city, cosmopolitanism, the 1755 All-Saints’ Day earthquake, post-quake reconstruction under the Marquis of Pombal, and Terreiro do Paço, the city’s popular commercial square. Tour the museum with a free audio guide to add to the learning experience as you walk through the exhibits. Visitors can prebook tickets to avoid having to stand in line, and access is free to those with the Lisbon City Card.
Things to Know Before You Go
Lisboa Story Centre is a must-visit for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with the history of Lisbon.
Free audio guides are available in nine different languages.
Senior and student discounts are available.
The center and its facilities are fully accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Lisboa Story Centre is located just north of the coast, right by Terreiro do Paço station on the Blue Line of the metro and near lines E15 and E25 of the tram. A number of busses also stop in the area, and there's paid underground parking in the nearby Town Hall Square.
When to Get There
Lisboa Story Centre is open from 10am until 8pm throughout the year (except on Christmas Day), with the last entry at 7pm. The center offers a variety of workshops for children and families featuring activities ranging from origami folding to model ship making. These are held on Mondays through Saturdays; check the website for details.
Terreiro do Paço
The Lisboa Story Centre sits on one of Lisbon’s most celebrated attractions: the Terreiro do Paço. One of the biggest squares in Europe, this square (formally known as Commerce Square [Praça do Comércio]) features a number of attractions beyond the Story Centre, including the imposing Rua Augusta Arch (Arco da Rua Augusta), which offers great views, and a statue of King Jose I aboard his horse, Gentil.
- Things to do in Sintra
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Coimbra
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Albufeira
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Porto
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Commerce Square (Praça do Comércio)
- Arco do Triunfo (Arco da Rua Augusta)
- The Escape Hunt Experience
- Lisbon Cathedral (Sé de Lisboa)
- José Saramago Foundation (Fundacao José Saramago)
- Baixa District (Lower Town)
- National Museum of Contemporary Art (Chiado Museum)
- Santa Justa Lift (Elevador de Santa Justa)
- Tram 28
- Praça da Figueira
- Carmo Square (Largo do Carmo)
- Castelo de Sao Jorge (St. George's Castle)
- Rossio Square (Praça de Dom Pedro IV)
- Fado Museum (Museu do Fado)