Commerce Square (Praça do Comércio)
Make the most of your time in Lisbon with a sightseeing tour of the city, the majority of which combine Praça do Comércio with Belém Tower (Torre de Belém), Lisbon Cathedral (Sé de Lisboa), and the historic district of Alfama. Choose to explore the city on foot or by electric bike, Segway, or air-conditioned vehicle. Hop-on hop-off bus tours also stop at the square and offer the flexibility to customize your sightseeing itinerary.
Things to Know Before You Go
Praça do Comércio is a must-see for first-time visitors to Lisbon.
The square is flat and even, and therefore easily accessible to wheelchair users.
The square is within walking distance of Rossio Square and Rua Augusta.
How to Get There
Located in Baixa (downtown Lisbon), Praça do Comércio can be reached by taking the metro to Terreiro do Paço. Most visitors arrive by metro or as part of a guided tour of downtown Lisbon.
When to Get There
Lisbon experiences the highest temperatures in July and August, when midday temps can reach the upper 80s℉ (30℃). If in Lisbon in summer, head to the square during the morning or late afternoon, as shade is very limited.
The Best Day Trips from Lisbon
Once you’ve ticked off attractions in Lisbon proper, consider exploring farther afield. The golden beaches of Cascais, the classy casinos of Estoril, and the fairy-tale town of Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its mountaintop palaces and Old Town, are all easily accessible on a day trip.
- Things to do in Sintra
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Coimbra
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Albufeira
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Porto
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Lisboa Story Centre
- Arco do Triunfo (Arco da Rua Augusta)
- José Saramago Foundation (Fundacao José Saramago)
- Lisbon Cathedral (Sé de Lisboa)
- The Escape Hunt Experience
- Baixa District (Lower Town)
- National Museum of Contemporary Art (Chiado Museum)
- Santa Justa Lift (Elevador de Santa Justa)
- Tram 28
- Praça da Figueira
- Carmo Square (Largo do Carmo)
- Castelo de Sao Jorge (St. George's Castle)
- Fado Museum (Museu do Fado)
- Rossio Square (Praça de Dom Pedro IV)