Berardo Collection Museum (Museu Colecao Berardo)
The permanent collections at Berardo Collection Museum are divided into two sections: the first covering works dating from 1900 to 1960, and the second focusing on art from 1960 through to the present day. Visitors can pre-book a ticket and explore the galleries at their leisure, enjoying the calm, reflective atmosphere. Many hop-on hop-off tour buses, which allow travelers to explore the city at their own pace, stop near the museum.
Things to know before you go
- The Berardo Collection Museum is a must for modern and contemporary art fans.
- There is parking, a cloakroom, shop, restrooms, and baby-changing facilities at the museum.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible, with elevators providing access to all floors.
How to get there
The Berardo Collection Museum is housed inside the Centro Cultural de Belém in Lisbon’s waterfront Belém neighborhood. To get here, take the Cascais line train to Belém station or the 15E tram to Centro Cultural de Belém.
When to get there
The museum is open daily, and its spacious galleries are rarely crowded, even in the height of summer. Come on Saturdays to avail of free entry.
Monastery of St. Jerome (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos)
Berardo Collection Museum is situated across the street from the Monastery of St. Jerome, a UNESCO-listed Gothic-style building commissioned to celebrate Vasco da Gama’s successful voyage to India. With the monastery usually busy—particularly in summer—and the museum typically quiet, it makes sense to pair the two attractions together. Head for the monastery early before it gets too crowded then escape to the tranquil galleries of the museum.
- Things to do in Sintra
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Coimbra
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Albufeira
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Porto
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Lisbon Maritime Museum (Museu de Marinha)
- National Archaeology Museum (Museu Nacional de Arqueologia)
- Monastery of St. Jerome (Mosteiro dos Jeronimos)
- Monument to the Discoveries (Padrão dos Descobrimentos)
- Belém Tower (Torre de Belém)
- Belém Palace (Palacio de Belém)
- National Coach Museum (Museu Nacional dos Coches)
- Electricity Museum (Museu da Electricidade)
- Ajuda National Palace (Palacio Nacional Ajuda)
- Lisbon Cruise Port
- Vasco da Gama Aquarium (Aquário Vasco da Gama)
- Pillar 7 Experience at the Ponte 25 de Abril
- Pena National Palace (Palacio Nacional da Pena)
- 25th of April Bridge (Ponte 25 de Abril)
- Santo Amaro Docks (Docas de Santo Amaro)