Top Launceston Outdoor Activities
24 results | All Launceston Tours
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was great. We all had fun and made a fantastic family memory. The staff were fabtastic and very helpful"
* A traveler said: "Great way to explore the Tamar Valley wine region and beautiful cool climate wines. Terry was a great guide and knowledgeable on the region and all the wineries we explored. Wonderful lunch included in the trip!"
* A traveler said: "Had a superb time cruising the Tamar River and Cataract Gorge. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and the scenery was incredible. The Captain was very knowledgable and the staff were super friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this Cruise during your Launceston Trip."
* A traveler said: "My friend and I were lucky to be the only two on our tour, extremely nice trip organiser and driver and tasted some lovely wines, wineries were very courteous, we had a thoroughly great afternoon"
* A traveler said: "Wee had a very knowledgeable guide. Thae walking experience was great. The simple lunch in the hut brought back memories from mountain hikes in my childhood. Finally having the privilege of walking through a time capsule of plants and learning that these plants go back millions of years was amazing. The other stops showed another side of Tassie"
* A traveler said: "Commentary was interesting and informative. Seating sheltered and comfort with excellent views. Food plentiful and good. Scenery beautiful. Weather perfect. Service friendly, efficient and attentive."
* A traveler said: "Eammon was a superb tour guide. It was a very personal tour and we learnt a lot of history and about wine!"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful day at Cradle mountain the hike around Dove lake was fantastic and the drive up from Launceston was so beautiful. Rita our guide for the day was great she had coats, gloves and beanies if you didn’t have your own and knew a lot about the area. Highly recommended and don’t forget some warm clothing"
* A traveler said: "Knowledgeable Captain, interesting history of the river system Beautiful area up in the gorge, great architecture up on the adjacent hills and the story of the span bridge was also interesting how it was built then duplicated later"
* A traveler said: "That was great experience for this trip. both guides are knowledgeable and informative. they explained us about some background and stories during the trip sites and that made us very impression. they were also friendly and helpful during the trip. Best way from Launceston to Hobart and highly recommended this trip to my friends."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day, apart from the weather, unfortunately that is out of everyone's control. The day was perfectly planned. Our guide, Ben, had a great knowledge of the history and the area, and indeed was very interesting to listen to."
* A traveler said: "This walking tour was a really excellent experience. John made us feel really welcome and had so much local knowledge to share, absolutely fascinating. The pace of the tour was perfect, and the stop for a light dinner & a drink in the heart of the Gorge was a nice touch."
3-Day Tasmania Combo: Launceston to Hobart Active Tour Including Cradle Mountain, Freycinet National Park and Port Arthur
* A traveler said: "The staff were wonderful,so much knowledge on history,flora and fauna and the locations we travelled to were spectacular"
* A traveler said: "Marta was our guide and did everything possible to show us as much as possible of Tasmania. We went to Gunns Plains caves which were very neat to explore. We travelled some beautiful back roads. She brought us to places outside the booked tour which allowed us to see wallabies in the wild, have a glass of wine and see a lot that we would not have seen on a regular cruise excursion. We had so much fun!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (QVMAG)
- Clarendon House
- Woolmers Estate
- Seahorse World
- Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania
- Tamar Island Wetlands
- Launceston City Park
- Franklin House
- Design Tasmania
- George Town Watch House
- Platypus House
- Grindelwald Swiss Village
- Low Head Pilot Station Maritime Museum
- Bay of Fires