Top Activities on the Ground in La Fortuna de San Carlos
149 results | All La Fortuna de San Carlos Tours
* A traveler said: "The cooking class was great! We learned delicious Costa Rican dishes. Our teacher/ chef (Ellie) was the best!"
* A traveler said: "Very friendly. Fun trails with a variation in terrain which made it fun. It was not just flat fields, there were climbs, mud, and water. We're so glad we did this."
* A traveler said: "Incredible guides and such a wonderful way to see the volcano! Includes entrance to the hanging bridges park, so you can take that walk on your own, making the entire day a complete steal! Best thing we did in La Fortuna."
* A traveler said: "Great food and great teacher. Got the recipe afterwards right away. Very delicious meal that we made!"
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was amazingggg! So knowledgeable and so friendly and so patient with all of our many questions. It's so cool to know about where chocolate comes from. Even my 8 year old daughter liked the tour! At the end we got to make our own flavors of chocolate which was very cool too! Great for families."
* A traveler said: "David was amazing. We felt like we got a lot for our money, between the tour and the tastings. Great experience."
* A traveler said: "We had such a wonderful time on this tour. It was very informative and the samples were delicious. A must have for the ideal costa rica experience!"
* A traveler said: "The guide made the experience fun, she stopped to show us a sloth on our way to Arenal. The birding was amazing at the hanging bridges. Would have liked more time there to look for more birds."
* A traveler said: "It was an enjoyable hike in heavy rain and while we didn’t get to see the teal colors, our guide was humorous and delightful. Very knowledgeable about the rain forest and the animals. We lucked out in seeing a snake and toucans! Delicious lunch and great ride up and back. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Great day on the rapids with Noel and Roland who entertained the group from start to finish, told us about the wildlife along the river expertly traversed the rapids and made an amazing looking fruit snack"
* A traveler said: "Loved this excursion. My boys thought this was the best thing we have done since being in Costa Rica. The horses were fun our guide was super friendly and the water fall and the surroundings were beautiful."
* A traveler said: "We had such a great time on this tour. The seven zip lines include views of the waterfall and the volcano, no hikes in the middle so it's easy even for less mobile people. There was only four of us on the tour and the guides were taking a good care of us."
* A traveler said: "This whole trip was loaded with fun and adventure, our tour guides Tony and Erick were absolutely amazing, knowledgeable and entertaining. I had a great day and if I was gonna go back I would repeat this tour or really any tour with Tony and Eric since they have a true passion for what they do."
* A traveler said: "Best. Rafting. Trip. Ever. Roberto was our guide and he was amazing. He pointed out wildlife, made corny jokes and made sure our entire family was smiling at all times. The rapids were perfect. We are a family of 6 - four kids between the ages of 12 and 17. It's hard to please everyone but Roberto did. They can't stop talking about it!"
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent time. Our guide, Gabriel, was very knowledgeable and you could tell enjoyed what he was doing. Lunch was better than expected! I would recommend."
* A traveler said: "The staff is so friendly and helpful. They ensure not only your safety but that you enjoy and have a good time. My only comment is that we booked this with white water rafting and the tour said it was a total of 5 hours long for both. The water rappelling was 2 hours and then there was another company we got dropped off at for the white water rafting. There we waited for 15 mins in wet clothes and then it was another 45 min drive to the river in our wet clothes. We had a spare change of clothes but did not want to change as we were going to get wet again and would not have any dry clothes. The white water rafting was about 4.5 hours long. In total between the water rappelling and white water rafting it was about 7 hours long. If you decide to do this exact tour, the rapids water is very cold. I suggest bringing a long sleeve water top to keep you warm and 2 changes of clothes. Also bring water shoes as they will get soaked. If you bring a GoPro make sure to ask for the helmet that has the GoPro adapter for both the water rappelling and at the white water rafting be sure to ask for the helmet BEFORE you drive to the river or bring a chest strap for the GoPro as the water is very rough. If you do not have a GoPro, they do take pictures for both activities and you can pay for the pictures in a package. Bring cash to pay for the pictures $30 per company. I cannot emphasize how great the staff is and how hard they work. We would have loved to tip them but no one told us to bring cash. I am very happy we did this tour. The staff is exceptional and Costa Rica is so beautiful 🤩"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very enthusiastic and wonderful. Highly recommend. The chocolates that we made were delicious. Very pleased."
* A traveler said: "Such knowledgeable staff, we felt very safe the whole time. A very fun and exciting adventure that was so memorable!"
* A traveler said: "Do the 12 lines! It was an awesome experience. We felt safe the whole time and had the best guides. Crystal and Pablo took the time to really teach us about the rainforest as we went and to help us get the most out of our zipline. We saw sloths, snakes, birds, and more. Go, go, go and ask for Crystal and Pablo. They made our trip!"
* A traveler said: "very fun activity, repelling from the water fall was exciting if you haven't done it before. walking into and out of the lost canyon was also very interesting, you don't get to see this canyon unless you go on this tour since it's very remote. free fall into the water hole is also very unique for this tour. highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We had a fabulous adventure! Raoul and Nolan were excellent guides as we hiked the volcano, visited the observatory, swung on rope swings into lakes and experienced incredible wildlife ! Highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Fun, informative, and tasty! As much about chocolate as coffee, which was unexpected but delicious! Don't skip the unlimited coffee tasting in the gift shop :)"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Obstacle Courses
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in San Jose
- Things to do in Liberia
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Santa Cruz
- Things to do in Playa Hermosa
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest