Things to Do in Kyoto This Summer
Kyoto is hot and humid in the summer, but with so many beautiful outdoor attractions, such as parks and temples, you won’t want to spend your visit seeking indoor air-conditioning. Explore at a leisurely pace, and you can enjoy the best of Kyoto in the summer without getting overheated. Here are a few places and experiences you shouldn’t miss.
- Take amorning city tourto enjoy the cooler morning air before the heat of the day, visiting must-see sights such as the Golden Temple, Kiyomizu-dera, and the Arashiyama district.
- Sit back and relax on a traditional-stylerickshaw tour of the bamboo forests of Sagano.
- Eat your way around Kyoto on anevening food walking tour.
- Learn about Zen Buddhism on adaylong retreat at a peaceful temple.
- Don a colorful, summer-weightyukata kimono and have photos taken to commemorate your visit during aprofessional photo shoot.
- Exercise your creative side with an arts-and-crafts class, where you can learn traditional Japanese arts such as flower arranging and watercolor painting.
- Shop for high-quality souvenirs with a guide on a customizedprivate shopping tour.