Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum
Just because it is a museum does not mean that the Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum is not functional. This operational sake brewery introduces visitors to the history and technical components of sake brewing. Located in the heart of an old sake brewing district, many of the buildings and breweries have been standing since the Edo era. Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum itself was founded in 1637, making it one of the region’s oldest breweries.
The charm of this Museum is its attention to detail. The brewery is in an old-fashioned, traditional sake house. Japanese songs about sake and sake brewing play throughout the museum. One of the main displays features over 6,000 brewing tools, considered by many to be cultural relics. Of course, the highlight of the tour is the sake tasting itself, where some of the area’s best is on display.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum?
- Fushimi Inari and Sake Tasting Tour
- 3 Hours Kyoto Insider Sake Experience
- Kyoto Sake Brewery & Tasting Walking Tour
- Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour
Things to do near Kyoto
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Nara
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Takamatsu
- Things to do in Kanazawa
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Hakone
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Nara Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Kagawa Prefecture