Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV) Tours and Activities
The Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV) portrays the varied cultures and customs of Sarawak’s ethnic groups. The village consists of authentic traditional buildings each displaying artifacts made by individual dwellers. Demonstration of arts and crafts like beadworks, wood and bamboo carvings, pua and straw weaving can be seen while visiting the Village.
The buildings – a Chinese farmhouse, a Penan Hut, a Melanau Tall House and Bidayuh, Iban and Orang Ulu Longhouses - are set amidst a scenic 17-acre (6.8hc) site. As part of the living museum, members of Sarawak's many ethnic groups can be seen throughout the Village going about everyday activities such as carving, sago-making, crushing sugar-cane, and growing pepper.
You can learn how to throw a Malay spinning top, shoot a Penan blowpipe or pick out a tune on an Orang Ulu sape. It’s a touristy set up but does give you a deeper understanding of the culture and heritage of Sarawak’s many racial groups that is not available elsewhere.
Tours and Activities to Experience Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sarawak Cultural Village Tour from Kuching
- Sarawak Cultural Village Admission Ticket with Return Transfer
- Kuching City Tour & Sarawak Cultural Village
- Sarawak Cultural Village Tour (Morning)
- Things to do in Sarawak
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Kota Kinabalu
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Bali