Visit the Petrosains Science Discovery Centre as part of a Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin Towers exploration tour, which typically combine a visit to the center with a walk across the Skybridge that links the towers together. Packages also tend to grant you access to the 86th-floor observation deck, the on-site art gallery, and the As Syakirin mosque. In order to save time waiting in line on the day, opt for a skip-the-line admission ticket.
Things to know before you go
- Petrosains the Discovery Centre is completely barrier-free: all restrooms are accessible and wheelchairs are available to hire from reception. There’s also a prayer room for Muslim visitors.
- The museum’s Molecule Cafe serves Malaysian dishes, hot drinks, and sweet treats.
- With its wide range of activities and exhibits, the Discovery Centre is a great place for families; air-conditioning also offers respite from the midday heat.
How to get there
Petrosains the Discovery Centre is located in the KLCC center in the Petronas Twin Towers. From the main Kuala Lumpur train station, take the red KJL line towards Gomback and disembark at KLCC, from which Petrosains is a 5-minute walk.
When to get there
Petrosains the Discovery Centre is open from Tuesday through Sunday, from the morning until the early evening. The museum is busiest during the Malaysian school summer holidays, the longest of which run from November to December.
Highlights of the Petrosains the Discovery Centre
Your visit to the Petrosains the Discovery Centre begins with the Dark Ride, a fast train that transports you through the rainforests, mountains, and underwater worlds native to Malaysia. The Space gallery gives you the chance to program a Mars rover to roam over the surface of the Red Planet, while the 3D theatre immerses you in different time periods.
- Petronas Twin Towers (Petronas Towers)
- Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
- Aquaria KLCC
- Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman
- Kuala Lumpur Tower (KL Tower)
- Bukit Bintang
- Berjaya Time Square Theme Park
- Jalan Masjid India Night Market
- Petaling Street Market
- Kuala Lumpur Chinatown
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad)
- Illusion 3D Art Museum
- Chan See Shu Yuen Temple
- Central Market (Pasar Seni)
- Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)