Named after the gardens that lay beyond it, Eden Gardens is a cricket ground in Kolkata that’s home to the Bengal cricket team and the Kolkata Knight Riders. It’s also the venue for international cricket matches and is the largest cricket stadium in India in terms of seating capacity.
Established in 1864, Eden Gardens has since become one of the most iconic cricket stadiums in the world. Following renovations for the Cricket World Cup in 2011, the stadium seats over 90,000 spectators (a capacity actually lower than before the upgrade).
Within the grounds, the gardens themselves feature a picturesque lake with a tiny Burmese pagoda at its center. It’s a peaceful spot that’s well worth a stroll around on a visit to the stadium.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Eden Gardens?
- Explore Kolkata- Private Day Tour with Lunch
- Hello Calcutta - Walk & Experience the "city of joy"
- Guided Kolkata Sightseeing Trip by Car, Walk & Sunset Cruise Excursion Trip
- Audio Guided Tour of Maidan – Calcutta Sports Walk
Things to do near Kolkata
- Things to do in West Bengal
- Things to do in Rajshahi
- Things to do in Dhaka
- Things to do in Bhubaneswar
- Things to do in Cox's Bazar
- Things to do in Sylhet
- Things to do in Darjeeling
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Lhasa
- Things to do in Odisha
- Things to do in Assam
- Things to do in Guwahati
- Things to do in Paro
- Things to do in Tibet
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh