Top Kanto Outdoor Activities
234 results | All Kanto Tours
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour that included event more that we anticipated. Lunch was very traditional and we enjoyed scenic views of the lake. going during the COVID-19 outbreak meant that we received even more attention since they were only 10 of us in total."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide gave us an incredible experience of Tokyo. His knowledge of sites and history were excellent. He was personable and had a great sense of humour. Although not from Japan, he was very proud of his adopted country. If you only had one day in Tokyo, this is the only way to make the most of it. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "If you’re a comfortable runner and want to do something a bit different, this tour is fantastic! Communication from the tour company was great beforehand. We met with Jun and ran a loop taking in Ueno Park, the university area and the outskirts of the Imperial Palace. We had regular stops and Jun pointed out sights of interest. He also took loads of photos and shared them with us after (no extra fee!!). The public bathing experience was completely new to us but don’t be put off if you’re in any way self conscious... it was quite liberating and sooo nice on the legs / body after the run! Plus, it’s normal for the Japanese and they just get on with it! And then dinner... wow!! Jun booked us into a small local Japanese restaurant and joined us for dinner. He ordered and then explained what we were eating and the different Japanese traditions as we ate. The food, especially the smoked and pickled quail eggs, was amazing! We would like to say a huge thank you to Jun for hosting us on this tour. It was far from a standard tourist tour, definitely took us off the beaten track and we were privileged to get a glimpse of local life. ** Please note, we weren’t sure how to play it with our belongings... so, FYI, you start running from the public baths where you are able to change into your running stuff and leave bags etc as that’s where you run back to!"
* A traveler said: "Thanks to Meg for a wonderful day out in Tokyo. We gave her our itinerary and she worked the timings so that we did everything we wanted and then some. Even managed to fit in a journey on the bullet train......thankfully the day before the typhoon ! Would highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "Sanae was informative and personable on our tour through the outer market. We ate, drank, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves under her guidance. It was the perfect intro to our stay in Japan. Highly recommend this tour to immerse yourself in the culture and tastes of Japan."
* A traveler said: "Very informative and engaging especially with the help of our tour guides Thapa and Levin, the 4D experience was a bonus."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour to know a real life of local Tokyo people with their houses, restaurants, temples, shrines, and shops. Yoshimi is an excellent tour guide."
* A traveler said: "My guide, Nobuo Kono, made the most of my tour with his excellent knowledge of the cultural and historical significance of the sites we visited. He also made my tour fun and personalized to my interests and my many questions! I feel I gained much insight and the maximum value for my time during my tour, and I thank Kono-san for his enthusiasm, expertise and charm!"
* A traveler said: "Great experience. Driver was very patient and nice. Would recommend this private tour to friends and family."
* A traveler said: "The tour was a lot of fun. The places we visited were very nice and the dishes and drinks were also very tasty. The tour guide also was able to give good recommendation of which drinks and dishes to try and was able to give a good atmosphere."
* A traveler said: "This Sumo practice was a highlight of our trip to Tokyo. Our guide Ayaka was lovely, gave us lots of information about the visit before we walked to the stable. We recommend this tour to anyone visiting Tokyo."
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable, great driver and organised the day and activities around our requests. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Very personal tour of city by Mami Who has lived in Zealand and Us Personalized suchi meal after touring fish market was a highlight in addition to restart recommendations near our hotel Many cultural aspects of Japanese was a highlight as well"
* A traveler said: "My guide, Khizar, loved to talk about all aspects of Japan. He was so knowledgable and explained everything to me to put it all into context. The day tour was just right, not so much that it was rushed but enough to move at a gentle pace and take it all in. Mt. Fuji is spectacular and Lake Kawaguchiko is beautiful. The 30 minute cruise on the lake is definitely worth it. The tour was a great way to see the area and Khizar made it easy and efficient. I would recommend him as a tour guide to anyone visiting the Tokyo area."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Yoshino is very good. Knowledgeable, thoughtful and gave us a lot of information about the different local food. She was very patient with all our questions. We highly recommend her as a guide for the Tsukiji market tour. The sushi making class was also very good. The chef was a good teacher and the food was good."
* A traveler said: "I am so glad I did this tour. It was very informative, I learned a lot about different kinds of Japanese food. I’d like to thank Shaun for his wonderful and professional touring."
* A traveler said: "This tour was wonderful. Food was great. Ryan made the tour fun and his knowledge about food & traditions just enhanced the experience. I would recommend this tour especially with Ryan as your guide!!!"
* A traveler said: "Our guides during the tour were warm, approachable and informative. Kudos to Nao-San and team!:) They pointed out attractions along Lake Kawaguchi and gave suggestions on which spots would reap the best pictures."
* A traveler said: "I highly recommend this. Our teachers spoke almost no English but that made it fun! Tough to find, but google maps makes it work. We have beautiful souvenirs that are really special because of this experience."
* A traveler said: "Had a great walk looking at line and reflection as well as architecture.Enjoyed the hidden spots and took some great shots. Lots of advise given along the way. A fun walk whilst learning new things."
* A traveler said: "I got a wonderful experience in the manufacture of ceramic products on a potter's wheel. The studio has a large staff of experienced teachers (including English speakers) who help at every stage. If you ever wanted to try yourself in pottery, then I definitely recommend going to a lesson in this studio. The location is very convenient."
* A traveler said: "Izumi is the best! She is very sweet and knowledgeable. Took us around to many places in a short amount of time. Highly recommended."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Fun & Games
- In the Air
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Winter Sports
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Yurakucho Yakitori Alley
- Ghibli Museum
- Seaside Top Observatory
- Mt. Takao Cable Car
- Shinjuku Park (Shinjuku Gyoen)
- Jindai Botanical Gardens
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo Garden
- Roppongi Kaguwa Japanese Dance Cabaret
- Aokigahara Forest
- Yokohama Zoo ''Zoorasia''
- Engaku-ji Temple
- Odaiba Seaside Park (Oaidaba Kaihin Koen)
- Tokyo Photographic Art Museum (Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography)
- Chidorigafuchi Moat
- Kokugikan Sumo Stadium & Museum
- Tokyo Midtown
- Robot Restaurant
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Things to do in Hokkaido