Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum
Built between 1928 and 1943, the sprawling grandeur of Umaid Bhawan Palace can be seen for miles around. It’s the world's largest private residence. Part of the palace is a luxury hotel, part of it royal quarters, and some of it is dedicated to the Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum.
The museum charts the history and heritage of Umaid Bhawan. It tells the story of how Maharaja Umaid Singh appointed a well-known Edwardian architect to design the palace in an art-deco style. It also displays an archive of pictures taken of the palace over the years, as well as a unique antique clock collection.
The museum also houses a whole range of historical artifacts that belonged to the royal family, including everything from trophies to weaponry, along with an impressive vintage car collection. There is a small gift shop located just outside for those looking to take souvenirs home.
Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum Tours
What are Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum?
- Authentic Jodhpur Day Tour
- Desert Safari Half - Day Tour In Jodhpur
- Private Full Day City Tour of Jodhpur
- Private Jodhpur Blue City Tour with Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
Things to do near Jodhpur
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Pushkar
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Chittaurgarh
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Ranthambore National Park
- Things to do in New Delhi
- Things to do in Agra
- Things to do in Sasan Gir
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Gujarat
- Things to do in Rishikesh
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh