Jasper Planetarium Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Designated a Dark Sky Preserve by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Jasper is a stargazing paradise. Come to the 40-seat Jasper Planetarium for a glimpse at the area’s star-studded skies, with interactive planetarium shows and powerful outdoor telescopes.
To experience the Jasper Planetarium, attend a 40-minute evening show in its intimate dome theater. Learn about First Nations constellations, see images of the Northern Lights and outer space, and view the sparkling skies above the Jasper Rockies on the dome screen. Planetarium shows can be combined with an outdoor telescope experience to see high-definition visuals of the starry sky as recorded the previous night, and—weather permitting—enjoy close-up views of the star-sprinkled skies above Jasper.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Jasper Planetarium is a must for astronomy buffs.
- The dome theater is climate controlled, but the telescope experience takes place outdoors, so dress appropriately.
- If it’s too cloudy to see the stars, visitors can rebook for another date at no extra cost.
- Guides track the appearance of the International Space Station and the Northern Lights and can help guests see them from the ground.
- Children age 4 and over can watch the planetarium show.
How to Get There
The Jasper Planetarium in Alberta is about a 10-minute drive from Jasper’s train station. Shuttles run between Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and the planetarium. Or, book a taxi.
When to Get There
Jasper Planetarium shows take place daily in summer and fall, and on most days in winter and spring. Planetarium and telescope experience times vary by season, but typically they take place in the evening.
Jasper Dark Sky Festival
In late fall, Jasper hosts its annual Jasper Dark Sky Festival, which puts the stargazing opportunities of this Dark Sky Preserve on center stage. Events include group stargazing sessions, model rocket launches, and talks from speakers including astronauts, scientists, and astrophotographers.
Address: 86 Connaught Drive, Jasper, AB, Canada, Canada
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Jasper Planetarium
No results found!