Rusirani Village Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Situated on a hilltop in Rajasthan, outside of Jaipur, Rusirani Village is a typical traditional village that attracts travelers who want to see what life is like in rural India. Along with traditional homes, there's a Shiva temple that is believed to date back at least a millennium, along with a market full of local handicrafts.
It feels like life hasn't changed in ages in Rusirani Village, with its dirt-track roads and agrarian way of life. It's a quiet spot to visit for travelers who are interested in seeing a side of India that's often missed by foreign visitors. Most people who come here do so as part of an organized day trip from Jaipur, sometimes with a stop at the nearby Chand Baori stepwell in the town of Abhaneri.
Things to Know Before You Go
- A Rusirani Village visit is an excellent option for anyone who wants to learn about traditional village life.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- It’s not appropriate to give local children money; stickers or even pens are better gifts if you want to give a gift.
How to Get There
Rusirani Village is located about 56 miles (90 kilometers) from Jaipur, in the quiet hills outside of the city. It's not easy to get there on your own, as the roads are bumpy and the location is remote, and most travelers to the village come as part of an organized tour, usually in a jeep.
When to Get There
Rusirani Village is great to visit any time of day, though the middle of the day can be hot and village life is generally a bit more active in the evening when temperatures cool down. Rajasthan is easier on travelers who are sensitive to the sun and heat during the cooler months of November through March.
Traditional Rajasthani Women’s Dress
Rajasthan has its own clothing traditions, and you'll see lots of lovely outfits here that are not typically worn elsewhere in India. While many women wear saris and even salwar kameez (tunics and coordinating billowy trousers), ghagras (long pleated skirts usually paired with matching tops) are more traditional here, along with odhnis (long scarves that are often pulled over the head).
Address: Rusirani Village, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Rusirani Village
No results found!
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Pushkar
- Things to do in Agra
- Things to do in New Delhi
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Rishikesh
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Leh
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Ahmedabad
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir