Ram Niwas Garden Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Surrounding Albert Hall, just outside of the Pink City, Ram Niwas is a popular picnic spot for local families, particularly those with young children. Here you’ll find plenty of gardens, fountains, pools, and play areas, as well as Jaipur’s modest zoo.
Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh built Ram Niwas Garden in 1868, just before construction started on its most popular feature, the Albert Hall Museum (built for Edward VII's visit to India). It originally spanned around 76 acres (31 hectares). While it's only around half as big as it used to be, there's still plenty of room here for a number of local cultural attractions, including a bird park and the Jaipur Zoo.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There are a lot of pigeons in the garden, and vendors are often on hand to sell birdseed to those who want to feed them.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat, as there are lots of open, sunny spots in the garden.
- Jaipur Zoo is closed on Tuesday.
How to Get There
This garden is located in Jaipur City, around a 10-minute drive from the City Palace and Jantar Mantar. Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan, and takes about five or six hours to reach by road from New Delhi.
When to Get There
This garden is open from sunrise to sunset throughout the year. During the hot summer season, it’s best visited early in the morning before temperatures get unbearable. Though it rarely rains in Jaipur outside of the monsoon season, if you do end up here after a shower, expect a lot of mud.
The Prince of Wales Tour of India
From October 1875 through May 1876, Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) and the eldest son of Queen Victoria, visited India on an extensive tour designed to strengthen the Crown's relationship with the country. He visited 21 towns and cities over the course of his tour, and the Albert Hall in the heart of Ram Niwas was built in his honor.
Address: Jaipur, India
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Ram Niwas Garden
No results found!
Things to do near Jaipur
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Alwar
- Things to do in Sawai Madhopur
- Things to do in Ranthambore National Park
- Things to do in Agra
- Things to do in New Delhi
- Things to do in Chittaurgarh
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Madhya Pradesh
- Things to do in Haridwar
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh