To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
Iron House (Casa de Fierro) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
A walk around the Casa de Fierro invokes thoughts of the striking similarities to the Eiffel Tower’s iron work, and there’s a reason why.
During Iquitos’ “rubber boom” at the end of the 19th century, the building was showcased at the Parisian International Exposition by architect Gustave Eiffel (of tower fame) and purchased by a rubber baron. It was then shipped across the Atlantic Ocean, carried through the jungle piece by piece and assembled in town where it stands today. It is the only surviving iron house of the three that were built.
Have a glimpse at the architecture of the historical building, which was once the home of the Iquitos Club and now functions as a general store and pharmacy. There is also a restaurant located on the second floor that makes good use of the balcony space and allows for views of
The Casa de Fierro (Iron House) is located at the corner of Próspero and Putamayo, at the southeast corner of the Plaza de Armas. It is open daily from 8 a.m. to midnight. Admission is free.
Address: Próspero and Putamayo Streets, Iquitos, Peru
Hours: 8 a.m.-midnight
3 Tours and Activities to Experience Iron House (Casa de Fierro)
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours after booking, depending on availability • It is mandatory to present a valid passport on the day of the excursion or activity • It is not accessible for wheelchairs • Not recommended for travelers with back problems • Not recommended for pregnant women • Not suitable for travelers with heart conditions or other serious medical problems • Travelers must have a medium level of physical fitness • You have to make good time for this experience to be possible. If canceled due to bad weather, you will be offered another date or a full refund of the amount paid. • There will be a maximum of 15 travelers on this excursion or activity.
The city of Iquitos has many attractions to visit and explore. Learn the history of this magical city through its streets, and visit the amazing Quistococha Zoo, where you will see a great variety of fauna and flora.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are Iron House (Casa de Fierro) hours of operation?
Iron House (Casa de Fierro) hours of operation: 8 a.m.-midnight. Buy tickets in advance on Viator. If you book with Viator, you can cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of your tour for a full refund.
What's the best way to experience Iron House (Casa de Fierro)?
The best ways to experience Iron House (Casa de Fierro) are:
- Iquitos Complete, Know everything about Iquitos: Amazon River, Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
- Iquitos Wonderful City
- Iquitos City Tour and Quistococha Zoo
Things to do near Iquitos
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Nueva Loja
- Things to do in Baños
- Things to do in Cuenca
- Things to do in Quito
- Things to do in Mindo
- Things to do in Guayaquil
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Cali
- Things to do in Bogotá
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in South Coast