The Culloden Battlefield was the site of one of the last battles to take place on British soil. On April 16, 1746, Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of 5,000 Jacobite Highlanders faced off against the Duke of Cumberland and 9,000 Hanoverian government troops. Though the Jacobites fought valiantly, they were ultimately defeated, resulting in the elimination of the Scottish clan system and the suppression of Highland culture. Today, the Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre retells the events of that fateful day through interactive exhibits that put travelers in the thick of the action.
Tours and tickets to Experience Culloden Battlefield
What are Culloden Battlefield hours of operation?
Should I book Culloden Battlefield tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Culloden Battlefield 2021?
What's the best way to experience Culloden Battlefield?
- Tour 2 Cawdor Castle, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield and Loch Ness
- Highlander Loch Ness and Culloden Battlefield 8 Seater Tour from Inverness
- Select South Private Tour from Invergordon Cruise Port
- Loch Ness,Culloden Battlefield,Cawdor Castle & Much More From Inverness City
Things to do near Inverness
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England