Tinh Tam Lake (Ho Tinh Tam)
A stop at Tinh Tam Lake is often included on tours of the Imperial Palace. Take a stroll along the waterfront or cross the bridges to visit the islands of Bong Lai, Phuong Truong, and Doanh Chau. The largest, Bong Lai, is home to the ruins of Bong Doanh Temple, while the Nam Huan pavilion stands on Phuong Truong. To explore the entire lake, opt for a traditional cyclo tour and admire the views as you glide around the lakeside and across the historic bridges.
Things to Know Before You Go
- History buffs interested in Hue’s Imperial history will find some less-visited temples and monuments at Tinh Tam Lake.
- There is little shade at the lake, so be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, and plenty of water.
- The lakeside promenades are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Tinh Tam Lake is located just north of the Imperial City; an about 10-minute walk. Alternatively, taxis and cyclos will drop you off right outside.
When to Get There
The best views of the lake are on clear, sunny days. During events such as the Hue Festival, the lake is transformed into an open-air venue, with live music and cultural performances taking place on a floating stage.
Exploring Hue’s Imperial City Hue’s Imperial City is a vast complex of palaces, temples, and pavilions that date back to the Nguyen Dynasty. Preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a walking tour of the Imperial City is a must for all visitors to Hue and it’s best visited with a guide to gain insight into Vietnam’s royal history. Highlights include the Forbidden Purple City, the Ngo Mon Gate, Dien Tho Palace, and the Hien Lam Pavilion, which houses the Nine Dynastic Urns.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta