The town of Kemah sits on the shore of Galveston Bay on the Gulf Coast of Texas, and its boardwalk is one of its main attractions.
Built in 1999, the Kemah Boardwalk is an entertainment and amusement park right on Galveston Bay. The boardwalk transformed what was once a small fishing community into a popular tourist destination. The town is considered part of the “greater Houston area,” as it's just 20 miles east of the big city, but it's a popular draw for visitors from elsewhere in Texas, too.
The Kemah Boardwalk features 15 different amusement park rides – including a 96-foot-tall roller coaster, a 140-foot free fall ride, a zip-line over the boardwalk, a double-decker carousel, and a 65-foot Ferris wheel. You can also take speedboat trips into the bay, and visit the Stingray Reef to touch and feed live stingrays.
Kemah Boardwalk Tours
What are Kemah Boardwalk hours of operation?
Should I book Kemah Boardwalk tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Kemah Boardwalk 2021?
What's the best way to experience Kemah Boardwalk?
- Houston CityPASS
- Private Full-Day Houston City Tour, NASA Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk Dinner
- Guided Houston Tour and Kemah Boardwalk
Things to do near Houston
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Missouri